Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, April 17, 2011

sunday hymns

im copying cathleen today.

here are some of my FAVORITE hymns :) and by favorite i dont just mean i like them at church... i have each one of these on my iPod and listen to them, frequently :)

first up, River in Judea, good time in concert choir at Eastside. this is literally the exact same rendition and sheet music we performed. im sitting here singing along to my alto parts ...



next.. "My Jesus I Love Thee." my best friend, Megan, walked down the aisle to this song. i still cry everytime i listen to it. it's so beautiful. Also, when I was eight years old, my Papa died. Although I don't remember everything about him, I do remember how much he loved Jesus towards the end of his life. He was a diabetic and amputee (when he passed away he only had one leg) and right after he died, I always pictured him having his "glorified body" in Heaven. I had this image in my mind of him being so perfect and happy in the presence of God and the last verse in this song just reminds me of him so much. I can't wait to see you again one day, Papa! :)

"In mansions of glory and endless delight
I'll ever adore thee in heaven so bright
I'll sing with a glittering crown upon my brow
If ever I love thee, my Jesus 'tis now"



followed by my favorite from my whole life... "Come Thou Fount of Ev'ry Blessing"



This one is my current favorite, played on His radio all the time and we sing it at Newspring a lot... "Our God." All the time, in my head, i repeat "And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God with with us, then what can stand against?"



last but not least (and not the only one.. i have a lot more favorite hymns) but i love "In Christ Alone." and i can't listen to it without getting emotional.



Hope you all enjoy your Sunday!! :)

B

2 comments:

  1. I love "Come Thou Fount". "In Christ Alone" and "Amazing Grace" make me cry every. single. time. But, my all time favorite is "It Is Well With My Soul". You should read the history behind the song. It makes the song even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant to put "Come Thou Fount" ... I must have gotten distracted. Great list Britt.

    ReplyDelete