Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Things I'm most excited about moving back to G-Vegas:
1. My friends and family being a stone's throw away
2. Taco Casa
3. Downtown Greenville
4. Knowing how to get around without my GPS
5. Clemson football games are easily accessable and our dogs will have their own house to stay at until we get back home... in the same night! Wasn't possible before :)
7. The Halloween Party we're throwing in October and all of the future parties and get togethers
8. Our Doctors and Dentists... that we've been going to and comfortable with our entire lives, and not having to go to some random person I find on google here in Raleigh.
9. Michael Cogdill and Carol Goldsmith ...even though i reallllllly dont like Carol, it will be good to see their familiar faces again every night :)
10. High school football games... im definitely going to some and im definitely making yall go with me :)
So there are a few SMALL reasons why I'm so glad to move back. Really I just cant wait for everything that comes with moving back. Mom was here (in Raleigh) yesterday helping me pack the kitchen and some other things. I have a few things left... like our closet which is totally organized and neat already I just have to decide if I want it in boxes or what. And a few nightstands, lamps, etc. Matt is going to pack up his office today.
In the midst of all this packing and moving stuff. I want to leave you with a recipe I made a few weeks ago. It is TO DIE FOR! So easy and so good. It's a modification of a Paula Deen recipe.. Mexican Chicken. When I looked it up and read comments and reviews I noticed most people had tweaked it to their own liking... so that's what I did and here's what I came up with ...
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 c. of sour cream
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped or 4 cups leftover cooked chicken (i used a rotissere from the grocery store)
- 1 (11 1/2-ounce) package flour tortillas
- Small pack Taco Seasoning ... I used McCormick's Chicken Taco and I didn't use the entire package
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar (or Monterry Jack or whatever you like)
- shredded lettuce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by-9-inch pan with the cooking spray.
In a large bowl, stir together the soups, sour cream, and the tomatoes. Stir in the chicken. Add the seasoning mix. I didn't add the entire package bc I didnt want it to be TOO much but I added what I thought was enough :)
Layer the tortillas and the chicken mixture in the pan, beginning and ending with tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream on top. That really MAKES the dish. It is so good!
Aren't you proud of me for blogging again so soon :) Next time I blog, we'll be in Greenville! Hoorayyyyy! See you there :)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
15 days til Greenville. We got everything finalized with our new house today. we are SO excited to move back to greenville and especially to be getting such an awesome house in an awesome neighborhood, i cant even contain myself!! this is our new house
the past couple of days, not only have we been packing, but also cleaning. ugh! our lovely (not) landlord called us Sunday to "let us know" she would be showing this house tonight (wednesday night) so. not only have i been packing boxes, wrapping wine glasses, organizing medicine cabinets, and on and on and on.... but ive had to have the house spotless for her to come show it. we have a whopping $2500 deposit on this place that we're GOING to get back and we didn't want to give her any reason to rethink that. so i have been cleaning NON STOP for 2 days. and now matt said he feels like he lives in a neat freaks house. i am happy its clean bc it's a little easier to pack when everything is already in it's place, but i am sad bc i have no visitors or friends here to come see what an awesome cleaning job ive done! (im not the cleanest person ever... im actually very messy) thats why i wish someone could see this in person! here are a few pictures of what it looks like ... if youre just seeing pics of our house for the first time... dont worry it's not always this bare. we've packed most of our "decor" already .
So to sum it up... there has been so much going on lately. Cathleen's Wedding and festivities, Megan's wedding and festivities (both of which were absolutely beautiful) and packing and cleaning and getting our carpet professionaly cleaned, and trying to find a job, and getting boxes on craigslist and ashley getting engaged (yay! my cousin. im going to be the matron of honor and she sent me some really pretty flowers...the ones that are on the table in the picture above) and all the loan and house stuff and scheduling the movers. i have had so much to do! i am so lucky that matt has such a great career and i am able to not have a job right now and be able to do all this stuff. as soon as i get to greenville, im going to contribute to the cash flow again :) i love yall!
- ► 2012 (15)
- ► 2011 (48)
- ► 2010 (85)
- ▼ 2009 (25)