Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, July 25, 2009

packing, moving, and mexican chicken

phew. 5 DAYS til Greenville!!! buying a house has been so much harder than matt and i originally anticipated. you'd think we would have known a little better what was going to happen, since both of our mothers are real estate agents, but we definitely didn't know the roller coaster of emotions we were about to face. it's been one thing after another, after another, but we're finally closing, Friday July 31 (which also happens to be my 23rd birthday)! What a blessing it is and what a good birthday present. We are so lucky to be buying a house at the ages of 25 (soon to be 26) and 23 ... and have a happy marriage and 2 lovely dog "children."

Things I'm most excited about moving back to G-Vegas:
1. My friends and family being a stone's throw away
2. Taco Casa
3. Downtown Greenville
4. Knowing how to get around without my GPS
5. Clemson football games are easily accessable and our dogs will have their own house to stay at until we get back home... in the same night! Wasn't possible before :)
6. Tsunami
7. The Halloween Party we're throwing in October and all of the future parties and get togethers
8. Our Doctors and Dentists... that we've been going to and comfortable with our entire lives, and not having to go to some random person I find on google here in Raleigh.
9. Michael Cogdill and Carol Goldsmith ...even though i reallllllly dont like Carol, it will be good to see their familiar faces again every night :)
10. High school football games... im definitely going to some and im definitely making yall go with me :)

So there are a few SMALL reasons why I'm so glad to move back. Really I just cant wait for everything that comes with moving back. Mom was here (in Raleigh) yesterday helping me pack the kitchen and some other things. I have a few things left... like our closet which is totally organized and neat already I just have to decide if I want it in boxes or what. And a few nightstands, lamps, etc. Matt is going to pack up his office today.

In the midst of all this packing and moving stuff. I want to leave you with a recipe I made a few weeks ago. It is TO DIE FOR! So easy and so good. It's a modification of a Paula Deen recipe.. Mexican Chicken. When I looked it up and read comments and reviews I noticed most people had tweaked it to their own liking... so that's what I did and here's what I came up with ...

Mexican Chicken
  • Vegetable oil cooking spray
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
  • 1/2 c. of sour cream
  • 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes
  • 1 whole chicken, cooked, boned, and chopped or 4 cups leftover cooked chicken (i used a rotissere from the grocery store)
  • 1 (11 1/2-ounce) package flour tortillas
  • Small pack Taco Seasoning ... I used McCormick's Chicken Taco and I didn't use the entire package
  • 2 cups shredded Cheddar (or Monterry Jack or whatever you like)
  • shredded lettuce
Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by-9-inch pan with the cooking spray.

In a large bowl, stir together the soups, sour cream, and the tomatoes. Stir in the chicken. Add the seasoning mix. I didn't add the entire package bc I didnt want it to be TOO much but I added what I thought was enough :)

Layer the tortillas and the chicken mixture in the pan, beginning and ending with tortillas. Sprinkle the cheese over the casserole and bake for 30 minutes.

Serve with shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream on top. That really MAKES the dish. It is so good!

Easy as can be and SO delish! I also had some Tostitos Cheese Dip on hand and between the layers (when i put the shredded cheese) I also dotted that around. MMMmmm. I wish I could make it tonight but already packed away all my dishes. So try it out :) Let me know if you do!

Aren't you proud of me for blogging again so soon :) Next time I blog, we'll be in Greenville! Hoorayyyyy! See you there :)

-B

2 comments:

  1. OH Michael and Carol... I totally forgot about them. OH JEEZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I can't believe I've been missing out on all these blog posts! I'm so glad you're moving back to Greenville! I can't wait 'til we get to move closer to home next year too! There really is no place like home :-)

    Your list of reasons why you're excited to move back cracks me up!

    Annnnd... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete