Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 8, 2010

new title, new direction

ok so i didn't get any responses yet from you guys on what my blog should be titled, but i thought of this on my own, and decided it is perfect for me.

"All Things Bright & Beautiful"

It's not just the name of my favorite hymn, it's also everything that i love. anything that sparkles, glitters, enchants. anything full of wonderment. anything seen and admired as beautiful with a child-like spirit. i love.

i have a quote on my facebook, and now under the title of my blog, that i like for people (including myself) to keep in mind...

"Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

it reminds me to not take life super seriously and remember to see the beauty in everything. i think that's why i like Christmas so much. Everything is so magical. and sparkly :)

Beyond this, the words to "All Things Bright & Beautiful" are words to remember..

1. All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
2. Each little flower that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.
All things bright ...
3. The rich man in his castle,
The poor man at his gate,
God made them high and lowly,
And ordered their estate.
All things bright ...
4. The purple headed mountain,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning,
That brightens up the sky;−
All things bright ...
5. The cold wind in the winter,
The pleasant summer sun,
The ripe fruits in the garden,−
He made them every one:
All things bright ...
6. The tall trees in the greenwood,
The meadows where we play,
The rushes by the water,
We gather every day;−
All things bright ...
7. He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell,
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.
All things bright ...
(Amen)
I'm going to make a conscious effort to post "bright & beautful" things more often. and i hope you all enjoy it :)

-B

4 comments:

  1. aww I LOVE it!! I think it is absolutely perfect for you! :) I love you and I loved seeing you this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I was going to suggest Razzle Dazzle 'Em (you know why!), so this fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whit! razzle dazzle 'em is brilliant thought :) ill stick to what i got but i love that you thought of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought about your post all day yesterday trying to think of something for you! i even typed "bolt" into a rhyming dictionary online! LOVE LOVE LOVE the new name!!! :)

    ReplyDelete