Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, October 31, 2008

Organization. Furniture. Supper. Puppies.


So many of my friends are organized people. I, on the other hand, have never been so fortunate. I am such a type B personality. Laid back, go with the flow, etc. It's not that I don't have the motivation to be organized, I just can't get there!! 

Right now there are still about 15 boxes (gifts) in both of our cars and our entire garage is FULL of boxes. Since most of our kitchen cabinets are already full,  I am trying to PATIENTLY wait for Mom to get here on Monday. (She, along with Beth Neely) is the queen of organization... to the point where it gets tedious.  It is driving me CRAZY to walk around a recliner that doesn't really belong between the living room and breakfast room, have (literally) a BORDER of suitcases and laundry hampers lining the edge of our room, use random old beach towels that ours moms sent with us when we first moved in, and have NOTHING on any walls!!!! AHHHH! I really have been praying for God to give me patience, and have been graciously reminded everyday that I am in no hurry. It's not like we have to have Thanksgiving Dinner at our house or something. Cathleen and Chris are visiting next Friday ( a week from today) but they are sweethearts and I know they won't judge what we have or haven't gotten accomplished. It's just getting to the point where I want it to be done, and feel like home ! :) 

On a happier note, we got our bedding!! UPS brought it today. It's from Anthropologie. I love it! I will post pictures of it soon, but not until we get our bedroom furniture. Which should happen around the week before thanksgiving (Depending on when Cindy .. my mother in law.. can get up here for a few days).  We also got our sofa!! It is AMAZING! However... it kinda, sorta, maybe, a little bit, makes for a tight entryway when you come in our front door. BUT once you're inside the house, you won't even remember that tight squeeze you had to make to come inside. If we owned this house, we would definitely be sending it back and trading it for the smaller piece. However, we're renting and hopefully, most likely moving in August and that house will (hopefully, most likely) have a bigger spot for it! :)  

I have been crock potting every day this week, except one. Today I'm making Cheesy Chicken. It's the easiest thing EVER! Rinse the chicken. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Add to crockpot. Then cover with 2 cans cream of chicken soup and 1 can cheddar cheese soup. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours. Serve over rice or noodles. Hooray! Done! I am serving it over Rice-a-Roni Broccoli AuGratin. It's my favorite. 

For Halloween tonight. Matt is being Dracula and I am being a cat. Not full costumes, just little accessories for while we pass out candy to adorable little trick or treaters. I hope we get a lot! Ok. My left pinky finger is tired of typing now. So I am going to go back to my search for Cooper's sister. We are thinking either a border collie or a mini australian shepherd. Cooper is mixed with both breeds (and beagle) so we think they will be around the same size and get a long. Matt is obsessed with the idea of getting a puppy that looks a lot like Cooper so people will think they are REAL brother and sister. Haha. He's cute. Oh well. I will keep you posted!! 

here is a picture of an australian shepherd who is up for debate... any name ideas?? 


No comments:

Post a Comment