Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

speak now

So, i really didn't like Taylor Swift when she first came along. Over the years, she's grown on me. And now, I love her. I was counting down the days for her new album, "Speak Now" to come out, and it got here on Monday. You can bet that Sunday night at the stroke of midnight, I was on iTunes cursing them for not having it up IMMEDIATELY. I kept checking til about 1 and with still no luck I had to wait until Monday. Now, it's only Wednesday night and I'm pretty sure I know almost every word to every song on the CD. It is SO GOOD! She writes all of her own songs. Every word she sings, she was thinking or feeling at some point and I love that. Some of her lyrics are just brilliant. I know I sound like a proud parent or something, but if you haven't listened to Taylor, or you have but didn't care for her much in the past, give "Speak Now" a chance. It's magical brilliance! My fave songs: "Dear John" written about her brief love affair with John Mayer. "Enchanted," it's just magical. "Speak Now" its really catchy. and last but not least "Better Than Revenge" written about actress, Camilla Belle, who Taylor's ex, Joe Jonas, cheated on Taylor with. She holds nothing back. I also like "Back to December" about Taylor Lautner and "The Story of Us' about Joe Jonas. I think i just listed pretty much the whole CD. haha. anyway. just wanted to document this, and how awesome I think she is! ohhh oohhh I almost forgot... "Innocent" written about Kanye West and the MTV VMA incident. It's so pretty!!!

5 comments:

  1. stop bragging brittney.
    some of us can't get it yet :*(


    ...just kidding, but really, i'm really jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a huge fan, but I'm pretty sure you just talked me into trying this one out! :) Maybe you should be a critic...or a sales person...you're a good persuader!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just so impressed that she's "stayed classy!" And she always has beautiful glittery dresses. That's important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Brittney I am OBSESSED with this CD! I have played it non-stop since I bought it on iTunes Monday! Do you like Haunted? I think it's one of my favorite songs on the CD! Love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. holly, i love it ALL!!!! if i had to pick a least faveorite it'd be "Mean" bc it's a little too "twangy" for me!

    ReplyDelete