Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 15, 2010

valentine's day

we had a good weekend. thursday night i cooked matt a very "matt" dish. i made Penne with Chicken and Bacon in a Creamy Pepper Jack Sauce. It was so good!! I thought I probably wouldn't really like the "spiciness" of it but it really wasn't too bad, just a kick! Also, I don't know why, I guess maybe it goes along with the anxiety I've had lately, but I haven't been a very good eater or had a good appetite for a while. I can't eat chicken?? It's so weird. I feel like its a quirk you'd get during pregnancy or something but for some reason, the three times lately I've tried to just try a BITE of it, I get so weak and woozy. Also, I've never really liked/eaten bacon. So any vegetarians out there, you can eat that dish too, I just left the chicken and bacon off my plate and put it all on Matt's. :)

Anyway, we did that Thursday night bc we thought we had plans with my brother and his gf friday night but then it snowed. That was ok with me though, the snow was so beautiful coming down! I went out and just stood in it several times and just tried to take in the calmness and serenity of it all. It was a good feeling just to stand outside and breathe. This is how our house looked in the snow..
Anyway, we had a fun night Friday, watching the snow come down and the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. Saturday we relaxed and then I decided I may be alright to make it to dinner and a movie. I haven't really left the house except just riding in the car with matt when he goes somewhere on a quick errand, but haven't really gotten out of the car. So as you can imagine, when we got to the restaurant I got really nervous to go in and just tried to think about other things. Like how Matt was so sweet to take me to Monterrey's. A lot of people wouldn't be so thrilled to eat at Monterrey's for their "Valentine's Dinner" but i was ecstatic! :) See, in college, I prrrrrobably went to Monterrey's about 4 out of 7 nights a week. I am not kidding. at all. And matt just loved me soooo much that he would always go with me, and never TELL ME that he was SO SICK of it and REALLY wanted to go somewhere else. So, for about the past year and a half he never has the appetite for mexican food, poor thing got so sick of it, so I dont get the treat of going with him to eat mexican lately. I told him to just pick where we were going, and he drove there! :) It was very good!! Then we went to go see Valentine's Day. It was SO cute!!! We both really liked it. Several times, once at the beginning, we were SO close to leaving (bc I was feeling so terrible, anxietywise). I even had my coat on and purse in hand, but I kept making myself just stick it out and stay. It was hard, but I got through it and was really proud of myself when it was over. I had made it. My first successful "leaving the house" event in about 2 weeks..and I made it through dinner AND a movie.

Not surprisingly, that took just about all my energy and today was a really crappy day. I didn't feel well at all. It was alright though, because at the end of the day, I got a wonderful Valentine's surprise. Matt wrote a song for me and recorded it onto a CD. It was so sweet! I am going to get him to try to upload it to the blog so you all can hear! :) Hope everyone else had a special weekend with their sweeties! <3 now... let's get ready for spring!!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you had a successful trip out! And you went to the movies on a busy night! Hahaha I still can't do that. I made Scott take me to the movie on a week night because I really wanted to see Dear John. I still get nervous when I go out to shop or eat dinner or go anywhere where lots of people are. The louder it gets, the more anxious I get. I can't count how many times I'd ride somewhere with Scott, then get there and tell him to go in without me. I'm sure he got so sick of me. It took a while, but I'm slowly getting to the point where I can push myself. But, like you, I have to see how I feel when I wake up that day before I try and get out. Also, once I get out, I don't want to do anything for the next day or two! Hang in there, Brittney! You are doing well and you will kick this! I have faith! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like so much fun.. and I am sooo jealous of your valentines dinner at monterreys. we do not have one good mexican restaurant here in milton and it kills me! i miss monterreys being walking distance from the ole barrington park. mmm it was good. AND i really want to see valentines day. glad to hear it was cute! can't wait to go see it!

    ps. love the new background and picture. so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brittney! I found your blog through Whitney Meade's (I thought you were one of her friends Brittney that I knew). I ended up being a complete stalker though, hehe. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that I was intrigued by your heart/anxiety issues. I had a similar episode a few years ago...the whole tilt table test, Holtor monitor, etc. Just wanted you to know there are others out there with similar issues : ) I'll keep ya in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete