Matt - Brittney - Mary Tyler - Cooper - Annie

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

back in raleigh.

if you'd ask me a month ago if I would be happy to return to raleigh after a lovely long break of seeing friends and family, i probably would have told you no. now I realize I would have been terribly wrong.

I am so happy to be back to our house with my husband and doggies. my bed. my closet. my kitchen. mostly my fenced in yard. no one tells you how different it is to have dogs you actually have to take out on a leash every single time they have to go to the bathroom! it sucks!! i love having a fenced in yard here in raleigh so i can open the door and let the little ones run out and play in the yard without worrying they'll run away.

We had a fabulous holiday but felt exactly like Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon (if you've seen Four Christmases.) We went to about 6 Christmases in 48 hours. From Greenville to Clemson, to Greenville, to Easley, back to Greenville, to Bishopville, and back to Greenville again. We had a lot of fun but were absolutely exhausted by Christmas night. I feel like I am still catching up on sleep. I asked my ladies (matt's aunts) in bishopville what the heck i had to do to get people to come to me and in unison they all said "have a baby." hahaha. then in unison again they said "but not anytime soon." Which won't be happening anytime soon, in case that just worried a reader (mother.) But it is a nice (and relaxing) thought to think that ONE DAY families will come to us and we wont spend all our "Christmas Money" on gas driving from one family to the next.

Despite the driving, gas, exhaustion, etc. we are so happy and thankful we got to spend some time with everyone. We gave and received some wonderful presents. Now we wont be going back to greenville til maybe May when wedding showers start popping up here and there! Im so excited to be in Cathleen's wedding june 20th and Megan's wedding july 11th. hooray!!!

I've also started working at David's Bridal in Durham and I love it! It is so much fun and I dont dread a thing about it (first job I havent dreaded something). I really really enjoy it and I like getting out of the house and interacting with some people my age. I will put up some pictures of our first Christmas as "The Bolts" as soon as I can find my memory stick reader :)

write again soon,

BB

1 comment:

  1. Yesss!!! A Post from you!!!

    Funny how things change when you get married and start your own little family! I remember when i came down to SC for Thanksgiving this past year, i enjoyed getting to see friends and family but i just couldn't wait to get back to my husband, home and my puppies!

    Keep writing blogs!!

    Oh and PS-Do you have a pic of that dress you were telling me about?

    ReplyDelete